Dr. Lauren Helm, a licensed clinical psychologist, current offers individual psychotherapy for adults (18+) using evidence-based treatment. Receive individualized attention and support in addressing stress, anxiety, or other related conditions. Learn more about psychological services offered at Rise Psychology, PLLC in Seattle, WA by scrolling below.
THERAPY APPROACHES & INTERVENTIONS
ACCEPTANCE AND COMMITMENT THERAPY (ACT)
- Learn to become open, engaged, and aware to help you stop suffering & struggling with your thoughts, emotions, and pain.
- Practice mindfulness, cognitive defusion techniques, and committed action to help you get unstuck.
- Clarify what is really important to you, and take meaningful action towards creating a fulfilling life.
COGNITIVE-BEHAVIORAL THERAPY (CBT)
- Break the cycle of problematic thoughts and behaviors by learning new ways of thinking and acting.
- Build and strengthen skills for dealing effectively for life, including problem-solving & time-management skills, emotion regulation skills, mindfulness/acceptance skills, distress tolerance skills, communication/assertiveness/interpersonal/relationship skills.
Values-based Exposure Therapy
- Gain freedom from the negative impact of difficult emotions with exposure therapy (e.g. prolonged exposure; exposure and response prevention) in the service of pursuing what is truly important to you.
- Read more information about exposure therapy for fear & anxiety.
Mindful Self-Compassion Interventions
- Learn about and practice present-moment-awareness, self-compassion and self-acceptance.
HEART-RATE VARIABILITY BIOFEEDBACK (HRVB)
- Develop and fine-tune your awareness of the mind-body connection, and learn how to practice techniques for deep relaxation.
- Practice techniques that enhance psychological and physiological resilience to stress and anxiety.
- Receive HRV, EMG, SCL, temperature and respiration biofeedback performed by Dr. Lauren Helm, a board-certified provider in biofeedback by the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA).
- Support with personal growth & development
- Stress & anxiety management
- Social anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder & Agoraphobia
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Illness anxiety disorder/Somatic symptom disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Life transitions/Coping with change and/or difficult life circumstances
- Coping with chronic pain, chronic illness, or medical problems
- Coping with relationship issues
SEATTLE Office location
Individual psychotherapy is provided in Dr. Lauren Helm's comfortable office, located on the 4th floor of the StudioWorks building in Ballard near the 99 highway and I-5 freeway. Soothing complimentary herbal teas are available upon request.
1. Schedule a free phone consultation
The first step is to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation with Dr. Lauren Helm to help determine whether the psychological services she offers or other community resources may be a good fit for your needs. You may schedule this free phone 15 minute phone consultation using the SimplePractice® secure online scheduling portal. If there are no appointments available for phone consultations, this means that unfortunately, Dr. Helm does not have openings for new clients at this time. Please feel free to check back later, or find other local mental health resources here.
2. SCHEDULE AN IN-PERSON INITIAL EVALUATION APPOINTMENT
For individual therapy: The first few meetings will be devoted to diagnostic assessment, formulation, and treatment planning. Dr. Lauren Helm will assess for current and past symptoms, and learn about your personal history, and goals for the future to formulate a uniquely tailored conceptualization and treatment plan that takes into account the interplay between biological, sociocultural, psychological, and spiritual factors. This is also a time for you to get to know Dr. Lauren Helm's style, so that you can get a feel for her approach to therapy to see if it is a good fit for you. Referrals may also be made at this point, if other treatments, therapists, or a higher level of care may be recommended or requested.
3. GET STARTED
If services offered at Rise Psychology are a good fit, Dr. Lauren Helm will help you get scheduled for weekly psychotherapy treatment sessions.
4. THAT'S IT!
Congratulations! You've taken a big first step in making your healing and growth a priority. Dr. Lauren Helm is honored to be of support to you on your life-journey!
FEES & INSURANCE
- Initial Phone Consultation:
- Free (15 minutes)
- Initial Diagnostic Evaluation Visit(s):
- $180 (50 minutes)
- Individual Psychotherapy:
- $180 (50 minutes)
- Longer sessions (e.g. for exposures) are prorated at $15 for each additional 5 minute interval
- Missed Appointments/Cancellations without 24 Notice
- Full session fee
Payment is due at the time of service, before the start of your session. Credit cards, cash, and checks are accepted.
Cancellation and rescheduling requires 24 hour notice. If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified Dr. Lauren Helm at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
This practice is not designed to provide ongoing crisis management or for treatment of issues such as psychosis, recent or active eating disorders, substance abuse, violence, or suicidality. A higher level of care for is needed for these types of issues and if they occur during your work with Dr. Lauren Helm, she will assist you in locating appropriate referrals. ALWAYS call 911 and/or report to the nearest emergency room for immediate care during a psychiatric emergency.
Currently, Dr. Lauren Helm is not an in-network provider with insurance carriers. You are required to pay for your session in full at the time of service. Dr. Lauren Helm may be considered an out-of-network provider with your insurance carrier. This means that depending on your insurance plan, a portion of her fees may be reimbursed directly to you by your insurance company, sometimes at a comparable rate to what you would pay using in-network insurance. If you call the member services number on your insurance card, you can ask what your out-of-network reimbursement rate for meeting with Dr. Lauren Helm would be. Upon your request, she will provide you with a detailed invoice (called a superbill) to submit to your insurance company so that you may be reimbursed by your insurance company as outlined in your insurance benefits policy. It is suggested you call your insurance and ask about their policy on out-of-network behavioral health care prior to scheduling an appointment.
Please check your coverage carefully by considering the following questions:
1. Do I have benefts for outpatient mental health services?
2. Do I have coverage for outpatient mental health services when I see an Out of Network provider?
3. What is the maximum dollar amount or number of sessions per year covered by and what dates does it start over?
4. How much is my deductible and has it been met this year?
5. Is there a separate deductible for mental health services?
6. What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
7. What are the “allowable amounts” for procedure codes 90791 (diagnostic evaluation), 90834 (psychotherapy, 45 minute), and 90837 (psychotherapy, 60 minute)?
8. How do I submit claim forms for reimbursement? (Claims are forms are sent to your insurance company to receive reimbursement for sessions you paid for out of pocket.)
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RISE PSYCHOLOGY?
WANT TO GET STARTED?
WANT INFO ABOUT OTHER LOCAL RESOURCES?
If you are interested in scheduling a free 15 minute phone consultation with Dr. Lauren Helm to determine if psychotherapy services offered at Rise Psychology are a good fit for you, you may schedule this by using the SimplePractice® secure online scheduling portal button below.
Note: If there are no appointments available for phone consultations, this means that unfortunately, Dr. Helm does not have openings for new clients at this time. Please feel free to check back later, or find other local mental health resources here.
Address: 1417 NW 54th St, STE 458, Seattle, WA 98107