FEES & INSURANCE
Currently, Dr. Lauren Helm is not an in-network provider with insurance carriers. You are required to pay for your session in full at the time of service. Dr. Lauren Helm may be considered an out-of-network provider with your insurance carrier. This means that depending on your insurance plan, a portion of her fees may be reimbursed directly to you by your insurance company, sometimes at a comparable rate to what you would pay using in-network insurance. If you call the member services number on your insurance card, you can ask what your out-of-network reimbursement rate for meeting with Dr. Lauren Helm would be. Upon your request, she will provide you with a detailed invoice (called a superbill) to submit to your insurance company so that you may be reimbursed by your insurance company as outlined in your insurance benefits policy. It is suggested you call your insurance and ask about their policy on out-of-network behavioral health care prior to scheduling an appointment.
Please check your coverage carefully by considering the following questions:
1. Do I have benefts for outpatient mental health services?
2. Do I have coverage for outpatient mental health services when I see an Out of Network provider?
3. What is the maximum dollar amount or number of sessions per year covered by and what dates does it start over?
4. How much is my deductible and has it been met this year?
5. Is there a separate deductible for mental health services?
6. What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
7. What are the “allowable amounts” for procedure codes 90791 (diagnostic evaluation), 90834 (psychotherapy, 45 minute), and 90837 (psychotherapy, 60 minute)?
8. How do I submit claim forms for reimbursement? (Claims are forms are sent to your insurance company to receive reimbursement for sessions you paid for out of pocket.)
- Initial Phone Consultation:
- Free (15 minutes)
- Individual Psychotherapy:
- $180 (50 minutes)
- Longer sessions (e.g. for exposures) are prorated at $15 for each additional 5 minute interval
- Missed Appointments/Cancellations without 24 Notice
- Full session fee
You are required to pay for your session in full at the time of service. Payment occurs at the start of your session. Credit cards, cash, and checks are accepted.
Cancellation and rescheduling requires 24 hour notice. If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified Dr. Lauren Helm at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
This practice is not designed to provide ongoing crisis management or for treatment of issues such as psychosis, recent or active eating disorders, domestic violence, substance abuse, violence, or suicidality. A higher level of care for is needed for these types of issues and if they occur during your work with Dr. Lauren Helm, she will assist you in locating appropriate referrals. ALWAYS call 911 and/or report to the nearest emergency room for immediate care during a psychiatric emergency.
1. Schedule a free phone consultation
The first step is to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation with Dr. Lauren Helm to help determine whether the psychological services she offers or other community resources may be a good fit for your needs.
2. SCHEDULE AN INITIAL IN-PERSON APPOINTMENT
The first few meetings will be devoted to diagnostic assessment, formulation, and treatment planning. Dr. Lauren Helm will assess for current and past symptoms, and learn about your personal history, and goals for the future to formulate a uniquely tailored conceptualization and treatment plan that takes into account the interplay between biological, sociocultural, psychological, and spiritual factors. This is also a time for you to get to know Dr. Lauren Helm's style, so that you can get a feel for her approach to therapy to see if it is a good fit for you. Referrals may also be made at this point, if other treatments, therapists, or a higher level of care may be recommended or requested.
3. GET STARTED
If services offered at Rise Psychology are a good fit, Dr. Lauren Helm will help you get scheduled for weekly psychotherapy treatment sessions.
4. THAT'S IT!
Congratulations! You've taken a big first step in making your healing and growth a priority. Dr. Lauren Helm is honored to be of support to you on your life-journey!
Want to learn more about therapy at Rise Psychology?
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RISE PSYCHOLOGY?
WANT INFO ABOUT OTHER LOCAL RESOURCES?
If you are interested in scheduling a free 15 minute phone consultation with me to determine if psychotherapy services offered at Rise Psychology are a good fit for you, you may schedule this by using the SimplePractice® secure online scheduling portal button below.
Note: If there are no appointments available for phone consultations, this means that unfortunately, Dr. Helm does not have openings for new clients at this time. Please feel free to check back later, or find other local mental health resources here.
Address: 1417 NW 54th St, STE 458, Seattle, WA 98107